Stupid Simple Mac Tips for Lawyers #22 – Magical Navigation Tip
Do you still minimize each window manually with that little yellow button and moving windows around to you can get to the one you need?
You’re killing me smalls! (Let’s learn a quicker way)
Well, in this week’s Stupid Simple Tips, you’ll see why this practice should’ve been left behind in the stone ages. Back when lawyers used floppy discs and CD-ROMs…remember those days?
Let’s tap into the hidden powers in your laptop’s trackpad or Magic Trackpad.
*If you don’t have a Mac laptop, I highly recommend you splurge on a Magic Trackpad, it is a serious productivity tool when leveraged beyond ‘mouse-control’ and basic clicking.
Let’s discuss Mission Control—a Mac service that offers a bird’s-eye view of all your open windows, desktop spaces, full-screen apps, and Split View spaces, making it easy to switch between them. There happen to be many ways to activate Mission Control.
Put another way – this is a blazing fast way to switch between windows.
Today, we focus on using Mission Control via the Trackpad.
Once activated, with the flick of a finger (not THAT finger) ALL your open windows reveal themselves and you click on your desired window.
Swipe/Flick. Click. Done.
Far more efficient than minimizing windows one by one or rearranging them so you can access what you really need.
As such, when it’s time to navigate from one app the next, it’s a complete and utter breeze.
Here’s the setup:
- System Preferences > Trackpador Magic Mouse
- Click on the “More Gestures” tab within the window.
- Check the box “Mission Control” then select “swipe up” with either 3 or 4 fingers. I prefer 3.
Here’s how to use your various potential devices:
- Swipe 3 or 4 fingers up to show all windows
- Click on your desired destination or swipe back down to return to where you were
- Double-tap then click on your desired destination or swipe back down to return where you were
You’ll be navigating around faster than ever with this little tip.
If you like this added functionality, get your PhD in magic Gestures here
The more you learn, the faster you go 🙂
P.S. Whenever you are ready…here are 3 ways I can help you with Apple technology in your law firm:
- To request our brand new report, just click on this link, we’ll do the rest: 10 Cybersecurity Tips for Lawyers on Apple Computers in 2020
- Are you suffering trying to find a good source of proven best practices for your firm? Why don’t we hop on a 1on1 strategy call and I’ll help you overcome it. Book your call with me: Schedule a strategy session
- Know someone who’d benefit from these Stupid Simple Mac Tips weekly series? Tell them to text MACTIPS to 44222 to be added!