Stupid Simple Mac Tips #49 – Trackpad Ninja Part 4 of 4: iPad Trackpad 🤔
In case you’ve missed any, here are the 1st 3 Trackpad Ninja tips:
This last and final tip is going to blow your mind……
Everyone knows lawyers love their iPads, and for good reason.
However, they have always had some shortcomings and have never (at least for me) been able to replace my laptop.
The biggest reason for me was the lack of a ‘real’ keyboard and trackpad.
It is tough to work on documents or emails when you need to keep taking your hand off the keyboard and tap on the screen.
Those days are over.
You can now use your Magic Trackpad 2 and Magic Keyboard (or any mouse and keyboard for that matter) with your iPad! (as long as you are running IOS 13.4 or higher).
Yea – combining your iPad with your new trackpad and a Bluetooth keyboard gets you much closer to replacing your laptop.
Here are a few ways to use your iPad and Trackpad more efficiently:
- Show the app dock by attempting to drag the cursor off the bottom of the screen.
- Unlock the iPad by tapping on the trackpad, then swiping up with three-fingers to reveal the home screen.
- Right-click by pushing down with two fingers.
- Scroll up or down with two fingers.
- Return to the home screen by swiping up on the trackpad with three fingers.
- View the app switcher with a three-finger swipe up butpausing halfway.
- Switch between apps by swiping left or right with three fingers.
- Force close apps from the app switch by moving the cursor to the app and swiping up with two fingers.
- Open search with a two-finger swipe down on the home screen.
- Switch between home screens by swiping to the left with two fingers.
That wraps up my 4-part series on the Magic Trackpad 2!
Did I miss your favorite Magic Trackpad feature? Click here to send me an email, maybe there’ll be room for a user-sourced encore!
Want to congregate with other Mac-using lawyers like yourself?
Then head over to our new Facebook Group, the MacLaw Tribe.